As a Care Resource patient, you have the right to submit a complaint or grievance at any time and will receive a prompt response. Grievances can be submitted in person to Care Resource Personnel or via email at Qualityassurance@careresource.org.
Follow the steps below if you feel that you have been treated unfairly or if the services you have received do not meet your standards.
- Notify the Care Resource personnel providing the services of any problems or concerns you are having.
- If you and the Care Resource personnel providing services are unable to agree on a solution, you may request to speak with the Department Supervisor/Manager. The Supervisor/Manager will help you and the staff member to resolve the problem.
- If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may pursue your grievance at the next level in the health center. In such cases, you may ask the Supervisor/Manager to arrange an appointment with the department’s Director.
- If the department’s Director cannot help you work out a solution which you are comfortable with, you may choose to present your complaint formally as a grievance to the Quality Assurance Services Department and allow the Client Relations Associate to investigate the grievance and get feedback from the departments/individuals involved. You should expect a response as soon as the investigation has concluded.
- If Care Resource cannot resolve the grievance in a manner that you consider reasonable and fair, you have the right to bring your grievance to an external review body for a resolution. The external entities are as follows:
In Miami-Dade County contact:
Ryan White Program: Phone: (305) 375-4742
South Florida AIDS Network (SFAN): Quality Assurance Coordinator. Phone: (305) 585-5241
Miami-Dade HIV/AIDS Partnership, c/o Behavioral Science Research, 2121 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Suite 240, Coral Gables, FL 33134: Phone: (305) 445-1076 or Fax: (305) 448-3325
In Broward County contact:
Broward Ryan White Program: 115 South Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale FL. 33301 Phone: (954) 357-5390
Broward County Health Department Phone: (954) 847-8087
Broward Behavioral Health Coalition, 3521 W. Broward Boulevard, Suite 206, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312. Phone: (954) 622-8121, Fax: (954) 332-1476
Substance Abuse I Florida Department of Children and Families: Phone: 561-227-6680
State of Florida contact:
Florida Abuse Hotline. Phone:1-800-962-2873
In the U.S. contact:
Americans with Disabilities (ADA): Phone 1-800-514-0301 (Voice), 1-800-514-0383 (TTY); Disability Rights: 800-342-0823, 1-800-346-4127 (TTY)
Joint Commission: Report online a Patient Safety Event at the Action Center located at jointcommission.org or Email: email@example.com or Fax: 630-792-5636 or mail: Office of Quality and Patient Safety, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181.
Department of Children & Families: Phone 1-866-762-2237, Fax: 1-866-886-4342
US Department of Health & Human Services: To report online: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf or Email: OCRComplaint@hhs.gov or click here to download a Patient Safety Confidentiality Complaint Form and click here to download the Consent form. Both forms can be emailed to OCRComplaint@hhs.gov or printed and mailed to: Centralized Case Management Operations, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F, HHH Bldg., Washington, D.C. 20201