In support of the 29th annual AIDS Walk Miami, Care Resource is hosting a fundraising event entitled Red Party: Cocktails ‘N Bites for a Cause on Wednesday, March 29th from 7 PM – 12 AM at Hunters Fort Lauderdale located on 2232 Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, FL.
The premier competition and talent search for “Miss EmpoweRED 2017.” Entertainers will be judged to find one winner who will be crowned a leader in our community who is committed to raising awareness, education & prevention of HIV/AIDS through entertainment and advocacy.
The event will feature live entertainment, performances, raffles and complimentary beverage and hors d’oeuvres as well as HIV education and prevention information. Tickets to gain entrance will start at $20 for advance purchase, and then $25 at the door.
The event benefits AIDS Walk Miami, a 5K walk-a-thon fundraiser through the streets of South Beach benefiting over 15,000 individuals in our Miami-Dade and Broward communities living with HIV/AIDS, or those who have been affected by the epidemic.
“In 1983 – society called HIV/AIDS the ‘Gay’ disease. Many people passed away and the stigma was debilitating. We have come a long way but the fight continues. Join me at Red Party: Cocktails ‘N Bites for a Cause on Wednesday, March 29th from 7 PM – 12 AM at Hunters Fort Lauderdale located on 2232 Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, FL.” – Rajee Narinesingh – Trans Activist, Author, and Actress
The winner of the Red Party fundraiser/pageant will participate in AIDS Walk Miami as Miss EmpoweRED 2017.
- 1st category : BEST HIV& AIDS ADVOCACY DRESS WEAR ”
- 2nd category: “Talent Performance”
- 3rd category: “Eveningwear with a Twist” – Fun component that’s HIV PREVENTION related.
- 4th Category: “Questions and Answer” related to HIV& AIDS/ Advocacy
The winner will be crowned “Miss EmpoweRED 2017.” The Judge panel will consist of two agency members and three community members.
- Ron Ledain, MBA, Director of Health Promotion and Linkage Services CR Director of Health Promotions and Prevention, Care Resource
- Sheryl Zayas, D.O., Medical Director, Care Resource
- Rajee Narinesingh, Trans Activist, Author, & Actress
- Dr. Morgan Mayfaire is the President and Co-Founder of TransSOCIAL, Inc. He is an activist for LGBTQ civil rights and is focused on building unity within the LGBTQ community.
- Tatiana Williams, Testing Expansion Coordinator For the Pride Center and Community Co-Chair for the transgender advisory Group / Community Advocate.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessmarie Gonzalez at (305) 576-1234 x139 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW THE CONVERSATION ON FACEBOOK: